Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Story Behind the Lotion Bars



My darling husband works hard. He is one of the hardest working guys I've ever known. His hours are crazy, he gets very little sleep, and yet he is like that cute little pink energizer bunny - he just keeps going and going. He is a trauma nurse at a hospital that "specializes" in gunshot wounds, stabbings, and other various gory things. It takes an amazing person to be able to handle that kind of thing every day. I am not one of those people. I would be passed out on the floor :)

Being a nurse, he is constantly washing his hands. Being a guy, he considers lotion to be "for girls." His hands  are red and raw, and yet he will not use the lotion. Enter the lotion bar. This creation is filled with wonderfully moisturizing ingredients, and comes in a little silver tin that slips easily into his scrub pockets and no one has a clue what's in there. This enables him to take care of his hands, but in a manly way ;) I make his unscented too, since he would object to smelling like anything flowery or fruity. His also has no pink tissue paper in the tin - that would not be manly.

Now, these bars aren't just for guys. I make them in all different fragrances for us girls, since most of us DO like to smell good! I love that I can pop a tin into my purse, and not have to worry about a spill happening. It's also been great for those days when my littles have chapped cheeks. The ingredients are simple: a nice mixture of beeswax (soon to be coming from our very own bees!), oils, and butters. There are no colorants or preservatives, and the fragrance oils are the highest quality.

I have several lotion bars listed in my etsy shop. If you don't see a fragrance you like, just contact me, and I can do pretty much whatever fragrance you love! These also make a great Mother's Day gift, if you're one of those people who likes to plan ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment